How Steroids Work?
- THE BRAIN sends chemical signals to the testes, instructing them to produce testosterone.
- THE TESTES produce testosterone and release it into the blood.
- Once they have entered the bloodstream, ANABOLIC STEROIDS act in much the same way as natural testosterone, adding to that already produced by the testes.
- Testosterone attaches itself to MUSCLE cells boosting growth.
- Testosterone attaches itself to receptors in a variety of OTHER CELLS causing different effects around the body.
- The brain detects the amount of testosterone in the blood through a FEEDBACK system and regulates the amount produced.